General Information

For international students, Canada offers you a high quality and affordable education, the opportunity of working whilst you study and after you graduate, as well as the benefit of transitioning to Canada as a permanent resident and then citizen. Every year, more than 200,000 top international students and researchers from over 200 countries come to Canada to study at elementary and high school, universities and colleges. Studying in Canada takes careful preparation and planning.

 Frequently Asked Questions

I want to study in Canada. How can Morgan Consultancy Services help me?
Finding the right course of study and the right educational institution can be a daunting process. We make it easy for you by offering the following services to students seeking entry to high school, undergraduate, postgraduate diploma and Master’s degree programs:

  • Canadian career development and exploration services
  • Academic counselling and admission processing
  • Student visa processing & visa processing for accompanying parents & siblings
  • In- Canada renewal of study permits, temporary resident visas, and work permits
  • Processing of permanent residence visas for international graduates in Canada
How do I find out information about studying in Canada?
You can get information from various sources. These include the following:

  • Citizenship & Immigration Canada at
  • The Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria (
  • The World Wide Web. If you have access to the Internet, you can conduct an electronic search by keyword for specific institutions and programs
  • High school, college and university calendars. These usually provide information about specific institutions, programs of study, entrance requirements, student services, housing, tuition fees and other costs, scholarships, language requirements, visa requirements, and a variety of other subjects of interest to prospective students.
Must I study on a full-time basis?
At high school, you are required to study full-time. For post-secondary education you can study full-time or part-time. You should note that there are certain benefits that are available only to full-time students. You will require a study permit whether or not your studies are on a full-time or part-time basis.
Will the certification I receive after finishing my study program be recognized in other countries?
A certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited Canadian institution will be recognized by educators, employers and institutions around the world. To find out if the institution where you plan to study is accredited, you should contact the university directly.
What programs of study do you assist students gain admission to?

We place students into the following programs:

  • University preparatory program
  • College university transfer program (includes associate degree)
  • Collaborative degree program (combined college and university postsecondary program but not University transfer)
  • Applied degree
  • Bachelor’s degree
  • First professional degree
  • Master’s qualifying year
  • Master’s degree
  • University graduate-level certificate or diploma
How much money will I need during my studies in Canada?
You will need money to cover tuition fees, books, transportation, housing and personal living expenses for yourself and any accompanying dependents. You will also need funds to pay for the return transportation for both yourself and your dependents. Tuition fees generally range from CAD 6,000 to CAD 25,000 per year for undergraduate programs and CAD 6,500 to CAD 32,000 per year for graduate program. Some programs such as Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry may be more expensive.

In addition, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines require you to have additional CAD $10, 000 per year, not including tuition fees, to cover your living expenses. If your dependents are planning to accompany or join you, you will require more funds for them. Proof of funds is only necessary for the first year of studies. However, visa officers will want to be satisfied that the probability of funding for future years does exist.

Can I get a scholarship or bursary to study in Canada?
Yes, Canadian institutions offer financial aid in the form of scholarships, bursaries, on campus jobs, teaching assistantships, administrative assistantships, research assistantships, internships and the like. The amount varies depending on the program type and level of study. Financial aid offerings are competitive and you will need to demonstrate exceptional academic and extracurricular skills.

If you require financial support, you should begin making inquiries and applications at least one year before the beginning of your program. Information can be obtained by writing directly to the office of financial aid and awards of the institution you plan to attend.

I am a mature student. Can my spouse and child come with me to Canada, or visit me at a later date?
If you wish for your spouse and / or child to accompany you to Canada or to join you at a later date, you must provide proof that you will be able to support them. You will be required to provide proof of additional funding and/ or savings. Your dependents will also be required to demonstrate to a visa officer that they have sufficient ties to Nigeria to ensure their departure from Canada at the end of their authorized stay.
My 16 year old child is planning to travel to Canada to study. Does he need a guardian or custodian?
All minor applicants must have a custodian. Your child must supply notarized declarations, one of which will be signed by his parents or legal guardians in the country of origin, as well as one signed by the custodian in Canada, stating that arrangements have been made for the custodian to act in place of a parent. The appointed custodian must reside within a reasonable distance to your child’s intended residence and school.
I do not have any family members in Canada. How can you assist me to supervise my child in Canada?
We have a team of Canadian residents who provide custodian and guardianship services for minor children.
Will your firm help me with pre departure formalities?
Yes, MCS will organize a pre-departure orientation program which will help you successfully transition to life as a student in Canada. We will address topics ranging from cross-cultural issues to opening bank accounts, purchasing cell phone plans, purchasing medical insurance, foreign exchange and much more.  


More Information

For more information and advice, please use the button to the left to book a personal consultation with us.